Following the Covid-19 pandemic situation and the postponement of many field projects in the Arctic in 2020, the T-MOSAiC Committees decided to propose to IASC the extension of the program to December 2021. During ASSW2020 this proposal was accepted and one more year of preparation and execution is now ongoing. More information will soon be released in the T-MOSAiC March Newsletter.
Due to the recent events concerning the Covid-19 pandemic, the T-MOSAiC and Interact team decided to extend the T-MOSAiC/INTERACT Call for Stations Managers Support until September. This call will, however, have two periods of evaluation: the first one in May and the second in October. More information will be posted soon.
The School organisers have been closely monitoring the situation regarding the COVID-19 virus spread over the past 2 weeks. After extensive discussions, they decided today that unfortunately have to cancel the APECS-Nunataryuk-T-MOSAiC School 2020. The organisers consider the risk for the participants too high. As the health and safety of all of the participants has the highest priority, the organisers decided that this was the only responsible decision to make in the current situation.